Sundance - Shoreline Integration
Updated September 27, 2009
Sundance will remain essentially the same from a mission and operations perspective, however over the next few months we will be adopting and integrating various components of Shoreline into Sundance. This will allow for optimization of procedures and accommodate the Club's growth.
- Shoreline's airplane fleet is complimentary to that of Sundance's. The combined fleet will provide you with excellent availability both at the trainer/172 level and at the more advanced airplane level.
- Sundance plane maintenance will remain the same, with Palo Alto Aero preferred for A&P support, and LAC avionics at San Jose the preferred avionics service. However owners will have the option to use alternatives.
Membership - Rentals and Training
- Sundance will continue to support rentals for all levels of pilots as well as maintaining the same high standards in terms of flight training.
- Fred Thomas will continue to be the Sundance Chief Pilot, based in the Sundance Office.
- The pool of CFIs will be expanding with the availability of Shoreline CFIs.
- Your Sundance proficiency and currency will extend automatically to the Shoreline fleet. This will be reciprocal for Shoreline Members.
- Our Clubrooms, with the office and briefing room layout, will not move.
- The office will continue to be open and attended Tuesday through Friday afternoons and all day Saturday, with 24/7 access for members.
- We have made some internal arrangement changes to accommodate and streamline the increased number of users.
- Sundance will be maintaining our current monthly membership dues structure.
- Sundance will be evaluating and adopting a number of Shoreline's management systems, mainly involving the scheduling and flight time payment systems to handle the increased fleet and membership.
- We will be expanding our web site and changing our scheduling system to handle the increased fleet, as well as improving the payment system.
- Sundance will be evaluating implementation of the variable plane rental rates system used by Shoreline, to offer high value and competitive rates to members as much as possible, while continuing to support the plane owners who make flying possible by having their planes in the club.
Timing of Events
- Initially you may see upgrades in the Clubroom furniture and computers. As of September 27th many of these changes have been implemented, but we will continue to upgrade the facilities.
- As soon as possible we will reorganize the scheduling and payment system so that you will be able to schedule all airplanes from Sundance and Shoreline from one web site. This has been switched on as of September 28th. For scheduling and dispatch use either web site. Aircraftclubs is no longer used to schedule.
- The expanded fleet will become available to current Sundance members by September, while Shoreline members will be able to access the Sundance planes when they join the Club. The combined fleet is now available to all.
- We will reassess the pool of available tie downs and may look to rationalize some of these. So check the website announcements and in the plane's book for tie-down location.
- We will be offering an expanded range of ground-schools and training to facilitate members from each club crossing over to the new planes and systems.
- We will be announcing some social events at the airport and Club flyins to enable the new membership and instructor cadre to meet and interact with current Sundance members. Our popular complimentary Aviation Movie night
Fred Thomas Presentswill continue on the third Wednesday of each month at the Club rooms.